A mid-week stir-fry is a fast and easy meal to make for the whole family. In the time it takes for my 20-Minute White Rice to cook I can have the sauce ready so that everything gets dished up in under half an hour. This recipe has less salt than lots of Beef and Broccoli recipes so that it’s suitable for the kids as well. I use rump steak but you could absolutely use leftover roast beef or a different steak cut.
Serves 2 Adults and 2 Kids
2 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil
1/2 bulb of garlic
thumb sized piece of ginger
1 head of broccoli
200g sliced lean rump steak
spring onion and sesame seeds to finish
for the sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp rice wine or white vinegar
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp corn starch
- Prepare you rice using my 20-minute Fluffy White Rice recipe.
- Put the corn starch into a bowl and add the soy sauce then stir to combine. Add the oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and water and stir to combine then set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Put the oil in a medium sized wok or skillet and cook the garlic and ginger on a medium heat for a minute until they are fragrant.
- Chop the broccoli into florets then add to the pan along with 125ml of water. Turn the heat up to medium high put a lid on and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the steak strips to to the pan then pour over the sauce and quickly fry for 3-5 minutes until the steak is cooked. Serve with the rice and finish with a scattering of chopped spring onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.