These are one of my favourite cookies. They look a bit like rock cakes but have beautifully soft centres. The knobbly bits on the outside and extra chocolate chips are such a moreish combination. It’s a very easy recipe for the kids to help with too.
Makes 16-18 cookies
120g unsalted butter
60g brown sugar
1tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
115g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp flaked sea salt
170g rolled oats
100g milk chocolate chips
100g dark chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla essence. Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt then add the mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the oats and stir then add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge for an hour to allow the butter to chill again. This will help the shape and texture of the finished cookie.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°. Scoop golf ball-sized amounts of the mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet with a piece of greaseproof paper on it.
- Bake on a high shelf for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on a rack then snaffle them up.